Geigr.app is a customizable tool measuring a software project and its history by 20+ metrics. However the standard set is a compact list focused on the DevOps transition and Agile maturity: Geigr Index, Resolution Time and Lead Time.
Geigr Index is a metric quantifying the quality of estimations and maturity of the Agile process.
It is a percentage, where 100% means that everything delivered within a sprint is completed according to the plan (not less and not more than planned during the planning session) and all items delivered are on the sprint backlog and estimated in story points.
Geigr Index is calculated according to the formula:
GIDX = (A/(A+B+C+D)) * (ABS(PTS_PLANNED-PTS_DONE))/MAX(PTS_PLANNED, PTS_DONE)
- PTS_PLANNED = number of story points planned during planning session
- PTS_DONE = number of story points delivered in a sprint
- A = number of PBIs done with story points and on the sprint backlog
- B = number of PBIs done with story points but not on the sprint backlog
- C = number of PBIs done without story points but on the sprint backlog
- D = number of PBIs done without story points and not on the sprint backlog
Resolution time is an average time required to resolve a defect, which reflects maturity of your DevOps within your team.
Number of days from the time a defect it is reported (created on the product backlog) to the time it is delivered to production (included in a software release deployed on production)
Lead time is an average time required to deliver a feature, which reflects maturity of your DevOps within your team.
Number of days from the time a user story is created to the time it is delivered to production (included in a software released deployed on production)